Tuesday 7 November 2017

Remake Remodel: a Night as Extra as the Poster


Remake Remodel is easily one of my favourite nights in Glasgow. It’s described as "the nations saving grace of alternative Rock 'n' Roll" which I definitely wouldn't say is my usual scene. However, the extra-ness of these nights is 100% something I can get on board with. Not really knowing what it was when suggested in the group chat, I agreed, mostly due to the fact it was in a venue I hadn’t been to before: Stereo.

Unsure of how busy it was going to be, we got down early, but being the first into the venue turned out to be a gift as we discovered a room decorated with an array of colourful wall art, murals and funky things (to attempt) to get edgy pics in front of. There’s also face paint, glitter (!!!!) and a photo booth. The entire room is entertainment. 




















I'm gonna be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of Tame Impala, but see when ‘Eventually’ came on, I can only describe it as a spiritual experience, the whole room singing along like you’re at a concert. I got so caught up surrounded by enthusiastic fans.

I quickly bought tickets to the Bowie themed night which wasn’t a disappointment. There's usually a competition for best dressed so the outfits on this night were on another level! We had our very own Bowie dancing on the front stage and about 10 others in the crowd. The atmosphere was sooooo much fun and the crowd reaction to each Bowie song just got better and better.

Although not every one of the nights they hold are my cup of tea the next one made me physically gasp when it appeared on my FB timeline. Fleetwood Mac. I’ll be attending this night and singing my heart out even if I have to go alone.

A few tips 


  • Drinks are not the cheapest so your best bet is £3 red stripes
  • The toilets have the best lighting gals
  • If you want to make the most out to the venue get down early


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking on Homelessness: The Yellow Door's Fundraiser for Shelter

Although I haven’t yet made it to the mysteriously named The Yellow Door, I’ve heard many a good thing, propelling it to the top of my must...